You can sew a completed Zip-N-Grip in just 1 day! Requires minimal fabric and hardware making it great for gifts.
Carry cosmetics, toiletries, sewing, art or craft supplies. The Zip-N-Grip is perfect for men, women and children.
The sewing pattern is ideal for an Intermediate sewist or any sewist who has sewn a bag with binding.
This pattern is domestic machine-friendly and can be sewn in all quilting cotton or a combination of quilt cotton, vinyl, or cork.
Note this bag is finished with binding.
1 1/4 yard Lightweight woven
fusible interfacing (Sew Woven or Pellon
ShapeFlex SF101) * Woven interfacing not
required when using vinyl/cork/waterproof
1/3 yard stabilizer such as
10” x 10: piece of Pellon 71F Peltex 1
sided fusible (recommended) or Decovil Heavy
23" #5 zipper tape for main zipper closure
+ (1 Zipper Pull)7.25” #5 or #3 zipper tape for divider
zipper pocket+ (1 Zipper Pull)
7” #5 or #3 zipper tape for lining zipper
pocket+ (1 Zipper Pull)
(2) 1" (25 mm) Rectangle Rings
Basic Sewing Supplies including sewing machine, scissors pins or clips etc.
Purchase the pattern from the following link:
***IMPORTANT PRE CLASS INSTRUCTIONS***
Zip-N-Grip pre-class instructions
In order to get the Zip-N-Grip done in one day, it is important to be prepared so we can jump right into construction.
We will start at 9 a.m.
- Download and print the pattern from www.sewyours.com
- Tape the paper pattern pieces together as indicated on the paper pieces and cut out.
- Cut out fabric pieces. If your fabric is directional and need help please call Julie.
- Cut all interfacing as directed on the pattern pieces.
- Iron interfacing to pattern pieces. The Decovil goes down first, centered on the fabric. (even space all around) The SF101 goes on top of the Decovil.
THINGS TO BRING:
Scissors (good and some you can cut plastic zipper tape with)
Hardware (zippers, 1” rectangle rings). We will have rivets and a rivet press to use.